Goodwill Industries of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation that provides vocational and educational opportunities for people with barriers to employment to improve their work skills and enhance their economic independence. Goodwill's services are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. Goodwill is funded primarily through the collection and resale of donated goods at retail stores located throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. Goodwill believes in the inherent value of work and the concept that people deserve the opportunity to reach their maximum potential and the highest level of self-sufficiency.
Through Operation: GoodJobs, Goodwill® and the Walmart Foundation provide tools and resources to connect veterans to meaningful civilian work so they can give their families the financial stability they deserve.
• Career assessment
• Individualized career plans
• Job training and credentialing
• Financial education
• Job placement and career advancement services
• Transitional services
• Family support services
• Connections to healthy food and nutrition services
• Assistance with early education and child care
• Support for your spouse and other family members.
We are currently recruiting businesses interested in obtaining subsidized employees.
Why should your company become a worksite?
- 100% of the employee's wages are subsidized for up to six months!
- You can have more than one employee at a time.
- Stimulate the economy by joining us in putting people to work now.
- Provide workplace training and experience to job seekers.
- Receive ongoing support from professional Goodwill staff who will help ensure employees succeed in their subsidized employment program.
- Get extra help and increased productivity at your business.
- Gain valuable pre-screened workers.
Goodwill Industries of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties provides CalWORKs Job Club services throughout Ventura County. Goodwill conducts Job Club at four locations, with one conducted in Spanish. Job Club services include: orientation, an employment portfolio, vocational testing, job search techniques, life skills presentations, job readiness, work experience, job development and placement, and guest speakers.
Goodwill has been providing these Job Club services in Ventura County since 2010 and enjoys an excellent track record. Goodwill has trained and experienced staff providing these services and serves 750-1200 positions for CalWORKs clients annually. Goodwill ensures a high Job Club completion, vocational assessment and employment placement rates.